Yes, Dirty Water Kills
1 in 11 children dies before age five and diarrhea is the leading cause
Deep Springs International is a non-profit organization that provides a solution to the water crisis in Haiti that can be maintained without ongoing subsidy. Using a simple and affordable chlorine system, we empower individuals to provide safe water to their communities as a sustainable business.
To improve life in developing countries by identifying and encouraging the use of affordable water purification systems, teaching the importance of proper household water treatment, and creating new business opportunities for local people.
To improve public health while creating jobs through an integrated and sustainable safe water program that can be scaled throughout under-served communities in developing countries.
“…the most successful community-based household chlorination program worldwide in self-sustaining health promotion”
– The World Health Organization
Haitians earning an income via the Enterprise Model
Estimated lives saved
Haitians currently receiving safe water & monitoring
Total served by Deep Springs to date
Liters of water purified by our efforts
Who We Serve
Within Haiti, the poorest nation in the western hemisphere, we chose to focus on the RURAL POOR for these reasons:
- Deaths of kids under 5 years old is 1.7 times greater in rural areas than urban
- 67% live on less than $1 / day
- Sales of bottled water works for the urban middle to upper class, but not for the poor
- In rural areas, household water treatment is only feasible option for ensuring water is safe